I wanted to make you aware that the Foundation’s entire suite of Award Terms and Conditions (see full listing below) has been revised to implement two new requirements, which are either mandated by regulation or legislation. Each set of terms and conditions is accompanied by a comprehensive summary of the changes made to that document.
The revised Terms and Conditions will apply to all new NSF awards and funding amendments to existing NSF awards issued on or after February 1, 2012. In addition to clarifications and other changes made to the conditions, significant changes include:
- Travel*, has been updated to incorporate revised circumstances under which use of a foreign-flag air carrier is permissible. The Article provides information on recent modifications to the “Open Skies” Agreement with the European Union, and includes a link to the General Services Administration website for additional information.
- Academic Technology Transfer and Commercialization of University Research**, is a new Article which requires higher education institutions that have NSF research support and at least $25,000,000 in total Federal research grants in the most recently completed Federal fiscal year to submit to NSF the URL that contains information on their transfer of technology and commercialization of research results efforts. This change has been mandated by the America COMPETES Reauthorization Act.
- NSF Agency Specific Requirements (ASR) to the Research Terms and Conditions (RTC);
- Grant General Conditions (GC-1);
- Cooperative Agreement Financial & Administrative Terms and Conditions (CA-FATC);
- Cooperative Agreement Supplemental Financial & Administrative Terms and Conditions for Managers of Large Facilities
- Cooperative Agreement Supplemental Financial & Administrative Terms and Conditions for Managers of Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCS)
- International Research Terms and Conditions
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase I Grant General Conditions;
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase II Grant General Conditions; and
- Administration of NSF Conference or Group Travel Grant Special Conditions (FL 26).
** This article only applies to the ASR and CA-FATC grant conditions.
These Award Terms and Conditions have been posted to the NSF website and are available electronically at: http://www.nsf.gov/awards/managing/award_conditions.jsp?org=NSF.
If you have any questions on these changes, please contact the DIAS/Policy Office on (703) 292-8243 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head, Policy Office
Division of Institution & Award Support (DIAS)
National Science Foundation