The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 25, 2016. Significant changes include:
- Enforcement of 5 p.m. submitter’s local time across all NSF funding opportunities;
- Implementation of NSF’s Public Access Policy;
- Submission of proposal certifications by the Authorized Organizational Representative (AOR) concurrently with proposal submission;
- NSF’s implementation of the US Government Policy for Institutional Oversight of Life Sciences on Dual Use Research of Concern;
- Provision of Collaborators and Other Affiliations information as a new single-copy document, instead of as part of the Biographical Sketch;
- Submission of Biographical Sketches and Current and Pending Support separately for each senior personnel;
- Electronic signature and submission of notifications and requests by the AOR only;
- Revision of timeframe for submission of final project reports, project outcomes reports and financial closure of awards to 120 days after the award end date; and
- Numerous clarifications throughout the document.
NSF will host a webinar to brief the community on the new PAPPG will on October 29 at 11:00 am Pacific Time. Registration is required.
While this version of the PAPPG becomes effective on January 25, 2016, in the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 15-1) continue to apply.