- Career staff employees (appointment of 50% or greater)
- Academic appointees (appointment of 50% or greater)
- Visiting academic appointees
- Staff on limited appointment (less than 1,000 hours in a 12-month period)
- Appointees whose primary purpose is education or training (GSRs, post-docs, fellows)
To maintain consistency with university accounting practices this cost should be added to the existing benefit rate for the appropriate personnel classification. In addition, a sentence (sample below) should be included in the budget justification.
Sample: These rates include an estimated increase of 4% for restarting the employer paid contribution to the University of California Retirement Program (UCRP), effective July 1, 2009, for eligible employees and is applicable to all university fund sources.