The Office for Animal Care and Use
, the Conflict of Interest Committee Office
, the Office for the Protection of Human Subjects
, the Sponsored Projects Office
, and the Research Administration and Compliance Office
will be closed during the campus energy curtailment beginning Monday, December 24, 2012 until Wednesday, January 2, 2013. Offices will reopen on Wednesday, January 2, 2013.
SPO Proposal Submission
SPO will process proposals due in December 2012 and January 2013 according to the VCR’s five-day proposal submission policy
with the following exceptions:
- For proposals with deadlines that fall during the curtailment period (Saturday, December 22 through Tuesday, January 1), the due date to SPO will be no later than noon Monday, December 17, 2012.
- For proposals due the first week of January 2013, the due date to SPO shall be FIVE FULL BUSINESS DAYS. For example, if the due date is 5 pm on Wednesday, January 2, 2013, the SPO deadline is no later than noon on Tuesday, December 18, 2012. Proposals due Thursday, January 3 shall be received no later than noon Wednesday, December 19, and so on.
Principal Investigators also are encouraged to inform their SPO Research Analyst if they will be submitting a proposal with a due date just prior to, during, or just after the curtailment period. This will give SPO and the PI an opportunity to discuss the best way to handle the proposal to make sure it is submitted in a timely manner.
COI Disclosure Submission
order to be on the agenda for any meeting, complete disclosure packets
must be received no later than 10 working days prior to the date of the
ACUC Protocol Submission
- The deadline for submission for the December 20, 2012 meeting is December 6, 2012.
Please note that all protocols and protocol revisions must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5 pm on the deadline date. If you wish to make changes to an approved protocol, you must first contact the Office for Animal Care and Use (OACU) to obtain a copy of the current approved version of your protocol. Failure to do so may result in your protocol being returned to you.
CPHS Protocol Submission
- The deadline for full committee review of protocol submissions for the January 9, 2013 meeting is Monday, November 19, 2012.
- Likewise, the deadline for protocol submission for the February 13, 2013 meeting is December 17, 2012.
Important: if your study is “greater than minimal risk” needing full board review and the approval will expire before January 18, 2013, you must submit your renewal application in time for review at a December 2012 CPHS meeting.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the December 7, 2012 CPHS-1 meeting is Monday, November 5, 2012.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the December 14, 2012 CPHS-2 meeting is Monday, November 19, 2012.
- There is no CPHS-1 meeting in January 2013.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the January 18, 2013 CPHS-2 meeting is Monday, December 17, 2012.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the February 1, 2013 CPHS-1 meeting is Monday, January 7, 2013.