1. Complete the NSF proposal in the FastLane system.
2. Allow Sponsored Research Office (SRO) access to “view, edit and submit” the completed proposal. (If the proposal is in draft form, the PI may choose to allow SPO to “view and edit” only. However, the PI must give SPO access to the “submit” function by the date and time specified by SPO.)
3. After allowing SRO access, submit an email message with the temporary NSF proposal number in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following should be attached as one linked PDF document:
a. Completed and signed Proposal Review Form (PRF)*For SBIR and STTR proposals only, signed 700-U forms must still be submitted to SPO in hard copy form per State requirements.
b. Letters of support from any named consultants and/or collaborators (not already included in proposal)
c. Completed and signed federal conflict of interest disclosure forms*
d. Any other required documents as needed, e.g., letters confirming cost sharing commitments, sub-recipient commitment forms, etc.
After allowing SRO access to the proposal on FastLane, submit the required information listed above via email@example.com in a timely manner.
Remember Steps 1-3 must be completed five working days before the submission deadline for the proposal to be considered “on time.”
The proposal will not be logged in or considered received by SPO until Steps 1-3 have been completed as specified:
- Email messages that fail to include the NSF temporary proposal number in the subject line will not be accepted by SPO.
- Attachments that do not include a completed and signed PRF and all required attachments will not be accepted by SPO.