A message from Jean Feldman, Head of the National Science Foundation Policy Office
I wanted to make you aware that the following sets of NSF Award Terms and Conditions
have been revised:
NSF Agency Specific Requirements to the Research Terms and Conditions (ASR);
- Cooperative Agreement Financial & Administrative Terms and Conditions (CA-FATC);
- Cooperative Agreement Modifications and Supplemental Financial and Administrative Terms and Conditions for Major Multi-User Research Facility Projects and Federally Funded Research and Development Centers;
- Grant General Conditions (GC-1);
- Special Terms and Conditions (FL 26) for Administration of NSF Conference or Travel Grants;
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)/Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Phase I Grant General Conditions (SBIR/STTR-I); and
- SBIR/STTR Phase II Cooperative Agreement Financial & Administrative Terms and Conditions (SBIR/STTR-II CA-FATC).
All of the terms and conditions have been updated to include a new article which establishes a post-award disclosure requirement for undisclosed current support and in-kind contribution information. Each set of terms and conditions is accompanied by a summary of changes made to that document.
The revised terms and conditions will apply to all new NSF awards and funding amendments to existing NSF awards made on or after October 5, 2020, except for the SBIR/STTR-I and SBIR/STTR-II CA-FATC which will become effective July 6, 2020.
Questions regarding NSF terms and conditions may be sent to the DIAS Policy Office at: email@example.com.
Head, Policy Office
Division of Institution & Award Support (DIAS)
Office of Budget, Finance and Award Management
National Science Foundation