SPO Proposal Submission
SPO will process proposals due in December and January according to the VCR’s five-day proposal submission policy with the following exceptions:
- For proposals with deadlines that fall between December 23 and January 8th, the due date to SPO will be no later than Wednesday, December 16, 2009.
- For proposals due January 11th-13th, the due date to SPO will be no later than noon on Monday, December 21, 2009.
- SPO will not accept proposals after noon on Monday, December 21, 2009.
PIs also are encouraged to inform their SPO Research Analyst if they will be submitting a proposal with a due date just prior to, during, or just after the curtailment period. This will give SPO and the PI an opportunity to discuss the best way to handle the proposal to make sure it is submitted in a timely manner.
ACUC Protocol Submission
- Please note that all protocols and protocol revisions must be submitted via email to: ACUC@berkeley.edu by 5 pm on the deadline date.
- If you wish to make changes to an approved protocol, you must first contact the ACUC office to obtain a copy of the current approved version of your protocol. Failure to do so may result in your protocol being returned to you.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the January 20, 2010 meeting is Monday, November 16, 2009.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the February 17, 2010 meeting is January 5, 2010. No exceptions to this deadline will be granted as ACUC staff must process all protocols for the February meeting by end of business on January 6, 2010.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the December 4, 2009 CPHS-I meeting is Monday, November 9, 2009.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the December 18, 2009 CPHS-II meeting is Monday, November 23, 2009.
- There is no CPHS-I meeting in January 2010; the deadline for protocol submission for the February 5, 2010 CPHS-I meeting is Monday, January 11, 2010. Please note that any new protocol to be reviewed at this meeting must be submitted via eProtocol.
- The deadline for protocol submission for the January 22, 2010 CPHS-II meeting is Friday, December 18, 2009. (Please note this is an earlier deadline than usual).
- Important: if your study is “greater than minimal risk” needing full board review and the approval will expire before January 22, 2010, you must submit your renewal application in time for review at a December 2009 CPHS meeting.
- No deliveries will be accepted after noon on December 22, 2009; any documents left in the drop box over the break will not be retrieved and logged until January 7, 2010.
- eProtocol Announcement: OPHS anticipates that as of December 18, 2009 investigators will be required to submit ALL NEW PROTOCOLS via eProtocol, therefore no paper-based submissions for new protocols will be accepted after NOON on Friday, December 18, 2009. Please check the CPHS website for updates or changes to this deadline.