On April 24, 2017, the National Science Foundation (NSF) will initiate a new requirement for all FastLane proposal submissions. This requirement does not apply to NSF Grants.gov submissions.
The new requirement requires the use of a spreadsheet template for identifying Collaborators and Other Affiliations information for Principal Investigators (PIs), co-PIs, and other senior project personnel identified on proposals.
Effective April 24, 2017, NSF will require the submission of a spreadsheet template to identify collaborators and other affiliations. Please note that the spreadsheet template:
- Has been developed to be fillable. However, the content and format requirements must not be altered by submitters.
- Must be saved in .xlsx or .xls formats and directly uploaded into FastLane as a Collaborators and Other Affiliations Single Copy Document.
- Will be converted by FastLane from an .xlsx or .xls file to a PDF file.
- Has been tested in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and LibreOffice.
- Will enable preservation of searchable text that otherwise would be lost. Must be uploaded in .xlsx or .xls formats only. Uploading a Collaborators and Other Affiliations Single Copy Document in any other format may delay the timely processing and review of your proposal.
- Will be directly linked in FastLane.
NSF believes that in addition to the merit review process benefits, the Collaborators and Other Affiliations template will reduce administrative burden and improve efficiencies by providing submitters with a compliant and reusable format to maintain this information for use in subsequent proposal submissions to NSF.