The National Institutes of Health published the following guidance in Goodbye FORMS-F, Hello FORMS-G on the Extramural Nexus blog.
Applicants applying to NIH funding opportunities with due dates on or after January 25, 2022 must use updated application forms and instructions identified with a Competition ID of “FORMS-G.”
Key changes in the FORMS-G update include:
- Transition from DUNS to a unique entity identifier (UEI) issued by SAM.gov as the official identifier for doing business with the federal government (NOT-OD-21-170.) See Goodbye DUNS, Hello UEI.
- Updated biosketch and other support format pages (NOT-OD-21-110.)
- Updated country and state dropdown lists across all forms.
- Increased character limit to 100 characters for “Department” and “Division” fields.
- Expanded requirement for a Commons ID to all senior/key personnel (NOT-OD-21-109.)
- Increased number of “Other” direct cost budget lines from 3 to 10.
- Added “Childcare Costs” section to Fellowship Supplemental Form (NOT-OD-21-074.)
- Added question regarding Technical and Business Assistance (TABA) to the SBIR/STTR Information form (NOT-OD-21-082.)
Application guides for FORMS-G application packages will be posted to the How to Apply – Application Guide page no later than October 25, 2021.
- New NIH “FORMS-G” Grant Application Forms and Instructions Coming for Due Dates on or after January 25, 2022 (NOT-OD-21-169)
- High-level Summary of Form Changes in FORMS-G Application Packages