The A-21 Task Force is seeking input from faculty and staff at educational institutions, members of relevant professional societies, and others including the general public. Comments are due by July 28, 2011.
The Request for Information (RFI): Input on Reduction of Cost and Burden Associated with Federal Cost Principles for Educational Institutions (OMB Circular A-21), was issued by the National Institutes of Health on behalf of the A-21 Task Force on June 28.
The Task Force will consider possible improvements in these and other areas:
- Effort reporting,
- Recovery of direct costs associated with administrative and project management support for investigators,
- Institutional eligibility for the Utility Cost Adjustment,
- Consistency among agencies that establish government-wide Facilities and Administration (F&A) rates,
- Programs with F&A reimbursement at other than government-wide rates,
- Rationalization between agencies of regulations and reporting requirements (e.g. deemed exports, Institutional Review Boards, visas…),
- Audits of research institutions and awards, and
- Definitions of general and research equipment.