For due dates on or after September 25, 2013, most applicants will be required to use FORMS-C packages, with exceptions below. The requirement includes electronic applications submitted under the continuous submission policy, administrative supplement requests (Type 3), change of organization requests (Type 6) and change of grantee/training institution requests (Type 7). Multiproject applications that are transitioning to electronic submission beginning with the September 25, 2013 due date will also use FORMS-C packages.
NIH Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) published between now and July that have submission due dates on or after September 25, 2013, will be posted without application packages. Beginning in July, the updated forms will be incorporated into new and existing FOAs.
- Individual Research Career Development Award Programs (Ks), Institutional Training and Career Development Programs (Ts and Ds), and Individual National Research Service Awards (Fs) applicants will use FORMS-C packages for due dates on or after January 25, 2014.
- Small Business programs (SBIR/STTR) applicants will transition to FORMS-C packages later in 2014.
- NIH to Require Use of Updated Electronic Application Forms for Due Dates on or after September 25, 2013 (NOT-OD-13-074)
- NIH Announces an Adjustment to Transition Timeline for Electronic Submission of Multi-Project Applications (NOT-OD-13-075)
- NIH eSubmission Items of Interest - June 17, 2013: Application Form Update A-B-Cs