Among the changes are the following:
- To reduce administrative burden, NIH will allow our recipients to reduce effort during a NCE without prior approval.
- Applications containing one or more biosketches that do not conform to the required format may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-15-032).
- Applications that do not conform to the page limit requirements because inappropriate materials have been included in other parts of the application may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-11-080).
- Applications submitted as new but containing elements of a resubmission or renewal application are noncompliant with the resubmission policy and may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-15-059).
- Applications submitted after 5 PM local (applicant organization) time on the application due date may be withdrawn (NOT-OD-15-039).
- Any change in research procedures in an active award that would result in an increased risk to human subjects will require prior NIH approval before implementation.
Update: On November 25, NIH issued: